Hypnosis helps children with anxiety or learning issues to reach their highest potential. Does your child suffer from anxiety, behavioral problems, learning difficulties, or eating issues? Parenting a child today can be difficult. There are so many stressors that children have to deal with, and that is a major concern for parents and it increases their stress. Pediatric Hypnosis is the solution for your family. Are your children suffering from any of the following issues?
- Fear of a medical procedure
- Enuresis (Bedwetting)
- Thumb sucking
- Anxiety & stress
- Test anxiety
- Academic achievement
- Sibling rivalry
- Fears or phobias
- Eating issues
- Chronic pain
- Confidence or self-esteem
- Death of a parent, caregiver, sibling, or pet
What is Pediatric Hypnosis?
Pediatric hypnosis is used to help children and young adults that could use additional support for everyday life. Children as young as five years old can benefit from clinical hypnosis.
Children have vivid imaginations and are naturally suggestible, which enables them to release fears, anxiety, and improve study skills easily.
Facts Everyone Should Know About Childhood Stress
(Substance abuse and mental health services Association, 2018)
Adolescents ages 12 to 17 years old had the highest rate of major depressive episodes (14.4%) followed by young adults 18 to 25 years old (13.8%).
They also reported a rise in Severe depression among college students from 9.4% to 21.1% from 2013 to 2018. (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Association, 2018)
What Techniques Do You Use?
There are a variety of techniques used in the session. The subconscious mind can often accept an idea when presented with the following techniques, that it might otherwise reject
- Hypnotic Metaphor
- Guided imagery
- Ericksonian techniques
- Creative projects such as coloring, beading, and writing
- Through play i.e. puppets or toys
Hypnotherapy is an innovative approach to improving a child’s inner resources to solve problems. It is an evidence-based modality that is highly effective and a great tool to help in many areas mentally and physically. Your child might struggle with
- Negative self-image and thought patterns
- Breathing issues
- Focus and concentration
- Retaining information and learning more quickly
- Fear of public speaking
- Socially awkward children and teens
- Peer pressure
- Test anxiety
- Food issues
- Body Dysmorphia
Interesting Facts about Child Hypnosis
- Misconception…Children are more resilient than adults: while both children and adults have a measure of resiliency. Children feel anxiety and stress more intensely than adults. Everything seems so large to children, and they have a lot more fears and phobias that are sometimes learned from parents and siblings. Research suggests that children are very receptive to hypnosis because children are naturally very suggestive and open to directives.
- Children live in their imaginations most of the time, and this is precisely what hypnosis truly is, which means that children can benefit from hypnosis and are more hypnotizable than adults.
- Children receive the fastest results with hypnosis when it comes to clearing up challenging issues.
- Hypnosis is highly effective for teens who want a positive outcome.
Benefits of Pediatric Hypnosis
Children and teens have trouble coping with a plethora of situations and life events that cause anger, sadness, and fear and this can cause problems in child development. Just because a discomforting condition is livable doesn’t mean that it’s not deeply affecting your child. Low levels of fear or shame can become a normal part of a child’s world unless something is done to correct a child’s emotional stability.
The stress from childhood issues is not just mental, it can also be environmental, adrenaline and other stress hormones can increase the heart rate and trigger the fight, flight, freeze, or fawn response.
- Hypnosis is highly successful in setting up conditions in which the mind can retrieve accurate information
- Assists children to learn more easily and quickly, and retain the information better
- Helps increase focus and concentration
- Getting the help your child needs will increase their self-esteem and self-concept
- Your child will learn to celebrate individualism
- Teens and children learn to deal with differences and interact with others in a healthful way
- Hypnosis helps the child overcome reluctance
- Your child will gain a new sense of optimism
- Learn new things effortlessly
- Sleep soundly
Don’t let a small problem become a big developmental issue for your child book a free phone consultation today. I offer both in-person and zoom sessions. Don’t delay the call today.
Email: [email protected] or phone (651) 689-5017
London, P. (1962). Children’s Hypnotic Susceptibility Scale. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, California, USA.